Well...where have I been? Got myself caught up in stuff and kept procrastinating updating my blog. Sorry. It happens. I cannot maintain my 'on the ball' status year round.
Ok, so today, I went to one of the many Christmas markets in Munich with Ingrid, Tiffany, and Markus. This specific Christmas market is one of the few 'anti' or 'alternative' markets. That means more artsy, new agey....and less commercial. It was cool...I had a chocolate and banana crepe that was to die for. Crepes are kinda the 'Funnel Cakes' of German fairs. We should work on importing Crepe Stands to American fairs. Or do they already have them?
We made sure to be home on time because we had a dinner invitation. Eddy - our cool Tunisian friend - cooked us a Tunisian Dinner. It was way cool! I did learn the German word for hot/spicy (scharf)...if that's any indication. After dinner, we ate sweet dates (the fruit) straight from Tunisia and watched Christmas Vacation (the Griswolds) in German. Eddy could hardly believe the portrayal of 'American Christmas' traditions. It was a nice dinner and a nice evening with my pals.
Christmas is in the air. For anyone who thinks that my day sounds 'atypical' for Christmas season, you need not worry. No matter how weird it sounds, Christmas is always in the air here. I will go as far to say that Germany is the land of Christmas. It's a bit difficult to describe...I'll work on that.
Friday, December 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment